Smita has had more than 8 years of extensive experience in the field of clinical psychology in India. She has had an elaborate set of clients ranging from Children, Adolescents and Adults, whom she has tackled for various psychiatric disorders, such as:
· Psychotic disorders- including Schizophrenia,
· Mood disorders- including Mania, Bipolar and Depression,
· Anxiety disorders- including Generalized Anxiety disorder,
· Obsessive Compulsive disorders,
· Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD), Relationship difficulties,
· Phobia and Personality disorder,
· Adjustment disorders.
She has a rich working experience with different Childhood Disorders (mainly ADHD and Behavioural Disorders). She is extensively trained and experienced in Psychological testing, including:
· IQ assessment,
· Personality assessment,
· Neurological and Cognitive assessment.
She is a pioneer in providing Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), family therapy, couples therapy, group therapy, supportive psychotherapy, mindfulness, behaviour Therapy, including: systematic desensitization, exposer and response prevention, and self-monitoring and reinforcement techniques, which are mainly used in treating childhood disorders. Her expertise in providing relaxation therapy is commendable and is quite effective in treating anxiety and stress-related disorder.
Practices at: Hornsby Psychology Clinic